What is Positive Behaviour for Learning?
Positive Behaviour for Learning, or PBL, is a consistent, school-wide systematic approach to student behaviour across the Brooke Avenue Public School community.
BAPS students are exposed to safe and consistent learning environments where they are supported and rewarded for positive behaviours.
As a school community, we will establish clear guidelines, help students regulate their own behaviour, assist with social skills and promote positive behaviours to maximise learning engagement.
At BAPS, we have 3 core expectations that form the foundation for PBL practices;
The core expectations are embedded into daily school life in order to achieve the following;
· Emphasis on appropriate student behaviour
· Promotion of positive self esteem
· Encourage the development of social skills
· Establishment of consistent language throughout the school
· Maintaining consistent classroom and playground management
· Celebration of student achievement
Our PBL mascot, Chippy, reminds students of our core expectations throughout the school.